I seriously made the most delicious green smoothie today, it was packed with 3 cups, (yes 3 cups of greens!!), and I couldn’t taste them one bit. I am not joking. Since this smoothie is a little higher in carbs and calories, I suggest it as a post-workout smoothie. It’s packed with protein, healthy carbohydrates, and nutrients to feed hungry muscles. Here is the recipe for what I used:
- 40 grams (or 1/2 c) old fashioned oats
- 1 serving of chocolate protein powder. Any chocolate protein will work, but I used Orgains (brand) Organic Plant Protein because it is extra creamy and delicious.
- 1 tbsp Almond butter
- 1 serving of PB2 powdered chocolate peanut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup kale
- A dash of pure stevia extract
- Handful of ice cubes
Blend it up real good! This is approx 435 calories total (may vary depending on the brand of protein you use) so as I said earlier, it should be as a post workout MEAL. Not a snack. It’s got tons of fiber and will keep you full for a while!